Sunday 4 January 2015

How Everything Began - Joseph Huard


Everything started on the 7th of July when I ask on Slackchat to the Slackline community; where would be your #1 destination for highlinig from the beginning of January to the end of February?

On the same night James Shorts replied to me that he has this exact same time off no job, no commitments. Right there I knew I had to go to Australia.

But to understand well my context, you have got to know that this 2 months off school is included in my Adventure Tourism school program schedule as a Professional Development Project (PDP) Period. As I have been slacklining for a bit more than 4 years and I had already completed an internship with 'Slackline Montreal' the previous summer. It was the perfect timing to realize the trip of a lifetime to perfect my “professional skill” in slacklining, more precisely in highlining.



So from that day, I started chatting and preparing the trip with James via Internet. I also started to build my PDP proposal documents to present such an uncommon project to the adventure tourism teachers.  That's pretty much when this trip started to get real in my mind. In addition to that, James was always sending me crazy pictures of space-lines and ridiculously beautiful spots for highlines, information about all the potential spots we could develop and lists of all the established lines.

My inner stoke was rising like never before, it all seemed surreal. And in a blink of an eye, my flight ticket was bought (28 Dec-11 Mar), my PDP proposal was accepted, I even received a good amount of money from an international scholarship program named Cégep International to go help develop some new highline spots and establish new lines in Australia. I couldn't believe how everything was so perfect! It was even better than a dream!

Now I only have to wait a couple more days and this gigantic dream is gonna come to reality!



Australia here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment